CHARLOTTE BACON ACT OF KINDNESS AWARDS (CBAOK)
Newtown Kindness is committed to fostering compassion in children and inspiring life-long contributors to society. The Charlotte Bacon Act of Kindness Awards Program is designed to promote, recognize and reward children to “think kindly and act boldly” through acts of kindness. Each year nominations are accepted for children up to age 16 who have demonstrated kindness through some form of personal or community service; that is, a helpful project that has been considered worthy of recognition. During February all nominations are reviewed and from which some are named as finalists to receive grant awards and special recognition by Newtown Kindness. Entries can be submitted by the child or be nominated by others. The awards program culminates in a special event around February 22 to celebrate Charlotte and to celebrate these young finalists and their amazing acts of kindness.
CHARLOTTE BACON ACT OF KINDNESS PROGRAM RULES:
- Nominations are accepted for children whose ages are 16 or under by February 22, 2017.
- Nominations can be submitted using the online application form or in writing.
- All entries must be submitted by January 15 of each year for consideration for the February awards event program. Award finalists are announced at the time of this event.
- Recipients of the CBAOK finalist awards will be given a special certificate, trophy and a financial grant to their charity of choice. All other entries will be acknowledged and receive a certificate.
- Entries must include the following information:
- -Name of the nominee
- -Age of the nominee
- -Contact information including a street mailing address, an email address and phone number for the family involved. This information will be kept confidential to the foundation but is necessary for follow-up.
- -A description of the act of kindness. Links to any additional descriptions of the nominee by way of Facebook, media releases or videos are welcome.
- -Nominations from those other than the direct family need to insure that parental or guardian permission has been granted and that the above contact information is provided.
- Finalists will be expected to contribute two brief follow-up reports in the remainder of the year to serve as encouragements for others considering the CBAOK program and to promote their own kindness projects.
General Release Form – Please be sure you have read and agree to the General Release Terms
Download the General Release Form.
- Online. To enter online, go to our online CBAOK entry page.
- Email. To email an entry, please send to:
- Mail: To mail an entry, please address to:
PO Box 681
Newtown, CT 06470